Last modified November 2022
I. Information We Collect
We collect information from You when You use the Website, contact or interact with us, sign up for Our newsletter or other mailing list, use Our services, such as the MyFS software and web applications (“MyFS Platform”), and voluntarily provide us with Your comments and other content in connection with using the Website.
When You access and use of Our Website, We may collect from You: Your name, contact information, including email address, telephone number, and physical address, and any other information You voluntarily provide to Us.
When You access and use Our Website, We automatically collect: information regarding You and Your device, including Your device’s Internet Protocol address, the domain name of Your Internet service provider, the domain from which You came, Your location, Your mobile device information (e.g., device model and operating system version), Your page visits, the Website features You use and the time of Your use, Your social sharing activity, and aggregated information that cannot be used to specifically identify You. Additional information collected is described in the Analytics and Cookies sections below.
When You access and use Our Website, We may collect information about You from third-party sources, such as Our partners, affiliates, members, or service providers acting on Our behalf. The Website may provide links to Our Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Vimeo, and YouTube pages. If You connect with these websites through the Website, We may receive personal information about You, and information about Your visit to Our Website may be shared with these third parties (see the information sharing section below for more information).
When You contact us, We may collect: Your name, contact information, including email address, company name, telephone number, street address (including city, state, and zip code), and any other information that You voluntarily provide to us.
When You apply for a job, We may collect information related to Your resume, cover letter, and any other documents You voluntarily submit, Your name, address, phone number, email address, information related to Your work experience and previous employment (including employment dates, type of business, title, company name, and responsibilities), information related to Your education (including the dates of Your enrollment, school, major, degree, GPA, and highest level earned), information related to Your certifications/licenses (including the name of the certification/license, description, institution, effective date, and expiration date), information related to Your geographic mobility (including Your willingness to relocate and the location desired), information related to Your professional memberships (including the name of the organization, Your position/role, and the dates of Your membership), information related to Your professional references (including the name of Your reference, the relationship of that reference to You, the number of years You have known the reference, and the reference’s email address and work phone/cell phone number), job-specific information (including information related to how You heard about the position, the name of Your employee referral (if applicable), Your current job type, desired job type, the date on which You will be available, years of relevant work experience, minimum salary requirements, whether You are currently or have ever worked for the GROWMARK system, whether You will require sponsorship to work in the country in which the position is located at any time, whether You are currently 18 years of age or older, and whether You are a current employee of a GROWMARK System Member Cooperative (and, if so, the name of the GROWMARK System Member Cooperative for which You currently work)), gender, race/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, and signature. The process is run by a third-party service provider; information on third-party service providers is described in the How Information is Disclosed section below.
When You use Our MyFS Platform, We may collect from You, or We may receive from a third party partner, affiliate, member, or service provider information about Your identity, including Your first/last name, username, password, name or the names of property owners, rights holders, or other interested parties; contact information including Your email address, phone number, mailing address, asset information, including loan collateral, grain contracts, field locations, carbon tracking, soil test results, and GIS information, and other material relating to assets in which a relevant party retains an interest; financial information such as information about loan products, liens, or other financial products, interest rates, credit terms, credit card, or bank account information; and commercial data, including invoices and documentation generated in connection with transactions conducted through, or documented in, the MyFS Platform and patronage information. We may also automatically collect certain device/network information such as device identifiers, IP address, and similar browsing, device, or network metadata.
II. How We Use Your Information
We use the information that We collect for several purposes, including:
- The purposes for which You provided it;
- To provide information and services to You, including requested quotes;
- To view and manage Your invoices, payments, loans, contracts, and other accounts (e.g. via the MyFS Platform);
- To process and respond to Your inquiries and comments;
- To help You locate dealers;
- To interface with scholarship recipients, and sweepstakes and essay contest winners;
- To contact You for market research purposes and to use this information to customize the Website according to Your interests;
- To display relevant advertising across websites, and to tailor messages to You based on products or services You previously viewed on Our Website, or those of Our members;
- To administer, operate, and improve the Website or to further Our mission;
- To personalize and enhance Your experience using the Website;
- To send periodic emails. If You choose, the email address You provide may be used to send You occasional news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time You would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, We include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
- To generate and review reports and data about Our user base and Website usage patterns;
- To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Website;
- To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- To prevent fraud and abuse of the Website and to otherwise protect users and visitors and Our business;
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas; and
III. How Your Information is Disclosed
- Facebook. By clicking on the Facebook button on the Website, You will be automatically transported to the official Facebook Page for COMPANY.
- Facebook Connect. We use Facebook Connect to facilitate single sign on for our users. By using Facebook Connect, We may be able to retrieve Your full name, pictures, wall posts, friend information, and other available Facebook content. For more information on what information may be available from or collected by Facebook, please visit the Facebook data policy: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php.
- LinkedIn. By clicking on the LinkedIn button on the Website, You will be automatically transported to the official LinkedIn Page for COMPANY.
- Snapchat. By clicking on the Snapchat button on the Website, You will automatically be transported to the official Snapchat Page of COMPANY.
- Twitter. By clicking on the Twitter button on the Website, You will automatically be transported to the official Twitter Feed of COMPANY.
- Vimeo. By clicking on the Vimeo button on the Website, You will automatically be transported to the official Vimeo Page of COMPANY.
- YouTube. By clicking on the YouTube button on the Website, You will automatically be transported to the official YouTube Page of COMPANY.
B. Job Openings. We use a third-party service provider, SuccessFactors, to collect information on the Careers Page.
When You submit an application for employment, SuccessFactors may collect information related to Your resume, cover letter, and any other documents You voluntarily submit, Your name, address, phone number, email address, information related to Your work experience and previous employment (including employment dates, type of business, title, company name, and responsibilities), information related to Your education (including the dates of Your enrollment, school, major, degree, GPA, and highest level earned), information related to Your certifications/licenses (including the name of the certification/license, description, institution, effective date, and expiration date), information related to Your geographic mobility (including Your willingness to relocate and the location desired), information related to Your professional memberships (including the name of the organization, Your position/role, and the dates of Your membership), information related to Your professional references (including the name of Your reference, the relationship of that reference to You, the number of years You have known the reference, and the reference’s email address and work phone/cell phone number), job-specific information (including information related to how You heard about the position, the name of Your employee referral (if applicable), Your current job type, desired job type, the date on which You will be available, years of relevant work experience, minimum salary requirements, whether You are currently or have ever worked for the GROWMARK system, whether You will require sponsorship to work in the country in which the position is located at any time, whether You are currently 18 years of age or older, and whether You are a current employee of a GROWMARK System Member Cooperative (and, if so, the name of the GROWMARK System Member Cooperative for which You currently work)), gender, race/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, and signature. SuccessFactors may also collect information related to the website You came from prior to submitting an application.
The personal information that You submit to SuccessFactors while online may be accessed and downloaded by GROWMARK professionals located in the U.S., and used for evaluating Your qualifications for the job for which You have applied and other jobs that may suit Your experience and qualifications.
D. Business Changes. If We become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction, or if the ownership of all or substantially all of Our business otherwise changes, We may transfer Your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
F. Investigations and Law. We may disclose information about You to third parties if We believe that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with the law or guidance and cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
- Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety, and property of us, users or others, or violations of Our policies or other agreements with us;
- Respond to claims and legal process (for example, subpoenas); and/or
- Protect against legal liability.
G. Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated information relating to users of the Website with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties. This aggregated information does not contain personal information about any user.
https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites for information about how Google Analytics uses this information, and visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for information about the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Google may track Your activity over time and across websites.
I. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small files that are transferred to and stored on Your computer through Your Web browser (if You allow it) that enable the website’s or service provider’s system to recognize Your browser and capture and remember certain information. You can instruct Your browser to stop accepting cookies. But, if You do not accept cookies, You may not be able to use all portions or all functionality of the Website. Additionally, note that clearing cookies from Your browser will remove opt-outs because they are stored in cookies.
- Persistent cookies remain on the visitor’s computer after the browser has been closed.
- Session cookies exist only during a visitor’s online session and disappear from the visitor’s computer when he/she closes the browser software.
Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a Web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. You can disable the ability of Web beacons to capture information by blocking cookies.
We implement a variety of security measures to protect the safety of Your personal information when You enter, submit, or access Your personal information.
While We take reasonable measures to protect the information You submit via the Website against loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other messages sent through the Website may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Website, and take special care in deciding with which information You provide us.
We cannot guarantee that transmissions of Your personal information will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat Our security measures or the security measures of Our partners. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION DUE TO TRANSMISSION ERRORS, THIRD PARTY ACCESS, OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
V. Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain Your information for as long as You use the Website and for a reasonable time thereafter. We may maintain anonymized or aggregated data, including usage data, for analytics purposes. We may retain and use Your information as necessary to comply with Our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or for the period required by laws in applicable jurisdictions. Please note that some or all of the information We have collected may be required for the Website to function properly.
VI. Links to Other Websites or Applications
VII. Your Choices Regarding Management or Deletion of Your Information
You have choices regarding the management or deletion of Your information by the Website.
- Management of Your Information - To access, update, modify, or delete Your information, please log-in to Your account, if applicable. If further assistance is needed, contact us at [email protected].
- Deletion of Your Information - You may submit a request to delete Your information by contacting us at [email protected].
VIII. Information Collected From Other Websites and Mobile Applications and Do Not Track Policy
Your browser or device may offer You a “Do Not Track” option, which allows You to signal to operators of websites, web applications, mobile applications, and services (including behavioral advertising services) that You do not wish such operators to track certain of Your online activities over time and/or across different websites or applications. Our Website does not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that We, or Our analytics providers or other third parties with which We are working, may collect information about Your online activity both during and after Your use of the Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from an individual under age 16. If You are under the age of 16, please do not submit any personal information through the Website. If You have reason to believe that We may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 16, please contact us immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
XI. How to Contact Us
XII. Your California Privacy Rights
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at [email protected], or by writing us at GROWMARK, Inc., 1705 Towanda Ave. Bloomington, Illinois 61701.
XIII. Your Nevada Privacy Rights
The Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS 603A.300 et seq.) permit a Nevada consumer to direct an operator of an Internet website or online service to refrain from making any sale of any covered information the operator has collected or will collect about that consumer. You may submit a request pursuant to this directive by emailing us at [email protected]. We will provide further information about how We verify the authenticity of the request and Your identity.